Educational Resources for Nonprofit Monthly Giving Programs (Part 6 of 6)
July 21, 2020
This is part 6 in a 6-part series on monthly giving programs for nonprofits.
Read Part 1 – Benefits of Monthly Giving Programs
Read Part 2 – Planning a Successful Monthly Giving Program
Read Part 3 – Launching a Monthly Giving Program
Read Part 4 – Keeping Monthly Donors Engaged
Read Part 5 – Recruiting and Converting New Monthly Donors
To finish off our series on monthly giving programs, we’d like to provide a list of further educational resources for those of you who want to dive deeper and grow your nonprofit’s recurring revenue.
McKinnon, Harvey. Hidden Gold. Taylor Trade Publishing, 2003
A readable, entertaining, and informative guide, with practical tips and creative suggestions for building an effective monthly giving program.
Waasdorp, Erica. Monthly Giving – The Sleeping Giant: How Small Gifts Can Become Powerful Tools to Support any Organization. A Direct Solution; 2nd edition, 2013.
This book picks up where Hidden Gold leaves off. Updated, real life strategies focusing on the nuts and bolts of creating a monthly giving program.
Articles with Tips and Tricks
Basic overview of monthly giving benefits and needs
- Armour, Cynthia J. “Fundraising Q&A: The benefits of monthly giving.” February 27, 2012.
Quick and easy tips for designing a monthly giving program
- Perry, Gail. “18 Tips to Create a Wildly Profitable Monthly Giving Program.” Fired Up Fundraising. June 28, 2013.
Steps to guide the launch of a new monthly giving program
- Garecht, Joe. “The 7 Steps to Launching a Monthly Giving Program at Your Non-Profit.” The Fundraising Authority.
Good, generic tips on overall donor engagement.
- “Increasing Donations from Current Donors.” ASPCA.
Strategies for turning one-time donors into monthly donors
- Chase, Vanessa. “Monthly Giving Conversion – what really works?” April 15, 2013 Philanthropy for All.
Tips for gaining back recently dropped monthly donors
- Armour, Cynthia J. “Fundraising Q&A: Re-engaging monthly donors.” October 24, 2012.
We hope you’ve found this series helpful. If you have any questions please let us know. Learn more about how MoonClerk helps nonprofits accept recurring and one-time donations online.
Photo by Flickr User cappellmeister